I’m Fran, I’m 16, I was born with a cleft lip and palate and I’m the eldest child in my family with three younger sisters and two younger brothers, however unfortunately only one of my brothers are alive today.
I have just finished my GCSEs at my current school and I’m choosing where I’m going to go for sixth form to study A levels. I wasn’t always in the school system though, I used to be home educated and I think that helped me become a hard-working, motivated and dedicated person to all the commitments that I have, both in and out of school.
I do a lot of sport, in some ways it’s one of the things that keeps me going when life is tough or if I feel like my brain is going to implode due to too much revision… I do a lot of gymnastics, dance and rugby, they’re kind of my main three sports but I’ll play other things as well, so at school I did netball, softball, rounders, atheletics and anything else that I was told to do.
I’m quite a social person, I like making friends and being with friends and I think practically all my friends would say I talk too much. Even though I would say I’m quite social and like talking to people I would also say I am quite shy and can often lack confidence in myself, particularly when I am performing, I have a bit of a tendancy to look down which I get told off about on a very frequent basis.
Some of the things I like:
- Friends and family.
- I like to have aim or target of somehing I want to achieve.
- Helping other people achieve something they want to do.
- And I cannot think of any more…
Some of the things I don’t really like:
- Arguements, I try and avoid these.
- Noise, I find that too much noise can be quite scary and I hate it.
- Being told off.
- My teeth, I’m getting braces soon though so hopefully that dislike will be eliminated.
- Not being able to do things, it’s frustrating and drives me mad.
So that’s a little bit about me, not very interesting I know so I’ll try and be more interesting in the future, promise!